Sunday, January 06, 2013

Room with a view

I bought a new window from the dolls house shop last weekend and spent some time yesterday microwaving it and pulling off all the zhushy bits before undercoating it.
 You see, I'm after a more industrial look and I think this hacked version fits the bill rather nicely.

The view out the window is a shot of Grafton Gully in Auckland from Urbis magazine issue 69. And the frosted effect on the glass is the bottom of a packet of Buzz Bars that I've had tucked away just in case (the empty packet, not the Buzz Bars!), so it's a very Kiwi space.
I originally planned to paint the window matte black but now I'm not so sure...

(Perhaps I need to head back and buy a second one?)

2 comments :

Mini Dork said...

Very industrial I love it. I can't wait to see what this turns into.

Stephanie Kilgast said...

very cool window!