Friday, January 16, 2015

Finish it off Friday: rugging up

As I dug back deeper in time through my stash of UFOs, I found these:
Two unfinished stitched dolls' house miniature rugs,
Two rugs that have been waiting to have their edges finished for a very very long time.

I'm not sure I've done any stitching since I moved to Canberra sixteen years ago, so these are geriatric in terms of UFOs.
Edge of a piece of cross-stitch fabric with a dolls' house miniature rug stitched on it, showing pin marks from blocking.
I obviously blocked them at some stage and then gave up and put them aside. Well today's their lucky day...

4 comments :

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

That's some awesome stitching, they deserve to be finished and showcased!

Pepper said...

You did all that work and didn't finish them? Man, I thought I was bad but you really deserve an award for the longest project ever. =0P

Do you think it's lack of time or are we all prone to losing interest once the hard part is finished? Hmm

AMCSviatko said...

I think it's a combination of the fact the stitching was really for another purpose than making the miniature and the fear of f***ing it up in the final stretch.

Mad For Mod said...

That must have taken a long time to do...they deserve a grand finish.